‘Tis the season for shopping and celebrating, and there’s no better place to do so than on the bustling sidewalks of the Heights!
With a focus on shopping locally for the holidays, the Heights Merchants Association is celebrating the season with a NEW festive event, Deck the Heights.
‘Deck the Heights’ will run from December 7 – 20. Participating Heights businesses will be competing for Best Window Display and spread good cheer. The public will be given a chance to vote for their favourite window display (one vote per day). The business with the most votes will win a special Media Prize sponsored this year by Burnaby Now and the Heights Merchants Association.
Four lucky winners who voted for their favourite window display will be entered for a chance to win a Christmas basket filled with Burnaby Heights goodies and swag.
VOTING IS NOW CLOSED!
Congratulations to Dangerous Curves Body Boutique for winning the Best Overall Window Display and for winning the Marketing Prize Package worth $5,000 sponsored by Burnaby Now and the Heights Merchants Association.
Best Theme goes to Burnaby Heights Chiropractic with its Wooden Christmas Trees Theme. Decorations were handmade by Dr. Forest Eaton himself. Most Creative goes to Chad Thai with its East Meets West theme that shows what Christmas is like in Thailand compared to Canada. Lastly, Best Display of Product or Merchandise goes to, Muckabout Gift Gallery with its Advent Calendar inspired window display.
Thank you to all our Holiday Window Display Merchant Participants:
- Burnaby Heights Chiropractic (4329 Hastings St.)
- Cafeoca Brazilian Bistro (4092 Hastings St.)
- Chad Thai (4010 Hastings St.)
- Companion Books (4094 Hastings St.)
- Cristos Greek Taverna (4624 Hastings St.)
- Dangerous Curves Body Boutique (3915 Hastings St.)
- Dr. Ben Lim’s Acupuncture and Maria Rentoria, RMT (4331 Hastings St.)
- Fortuna Bakery (4240 Hastings St.)
- Glenburn Soda Fountain (4090 Hastings St.)
- Global Pet Foods (4293 Hastings St.)
- Green and Oak Malaysian Restaurant (3760 Hastings St.)
- Headwaze Hair and Skin Studio (3909 Hastings St.)
- L’Atelier Sandie Bell (3909 Hastings St.)
- Me and Gee Boutique (4237 Hastings St.)
- Muckabout Gift Gallery (4759 Hastings St.)
- Noodle Paradise (4217 Hastings St.)
- Plush Floral Studio (3978 Hastings St.)
- Sfinaki Greek Taverna (4061 Hastings St.)
- Stan’s Pizza Joint (4527 Hastings St.)
- The Next Step Training Centre (4680 Hastings St.)
- United Optical (4228 Hastings St.)
- Valley Bakery (4058 Hastings St.)
- Vancity (4302 Hastings St.)
- Vital Body (3724 Hastings St.)
Deck the Heights Activities:
On December 7, 2019, Santa Claus and his elf will be visiting our neighbourhood to kick-off Deck the Heights from 12 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. along with the talented Fandango Quartet as they croon holiday carols from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Santa’s friends will also spread holiday cheer by giving away candy canes on Saturday, Dec. 14.
The carolers will be back on Sunday, Dec. 15 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Lastly, the talented jazz guitarist Matt Franceschini will be serenading us with holiday classics on Dec. 20 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. on Rosser and Hastings St. (location change).
Select Burnaby Heights merchants will also have special activities and promotions plan to make your holiday shopping experience extra special.
Merchant Holiday Promotions:
Let’s support local and celebrate the season in true holiday style!
A special thank you to our sponsors!